Making the move from residential/commercial construction projects to government-funded construction projects, which have certified payroll reporting requirements, can be overwhelming for most contractors, their office staff, and the accounting professionals who support them. This often misunderstood requirement can lead to major problems, including non-approval of payment requisitions, denial of payment for change orders and claims, and contract termination.
In this 90-minute webinar, certified payroll expert Nancy Smyth will explain the important details you need to know to comply with certified payroll requirements on your government-funded construction project. In addition, she’ll provide an update on the brand new California compliance monitoring unit that is causing headaches for contractors throughout California! Don’t get caught in a payroll certification trap; learn the ins-and-outs of federal certification payroll requirements and get all your questions answered!
- Update on California Compliance Monitoring Unit
- Discover how to comply with Labor Standards & Payroll Reporting requirements
- Identify how to complete a Certified Payroll Report & Statement of Compliance
- Learn common methods for creating Certified Payroll Reports, Statements of Compliance, EEOC, ARRA and Fringe Benefit Reports
- Understand state prevailing wage vs. Davis-Bacon forms and which form applies
- Identify electronic certified payroll filing requirements
- Ways contractors pay fringe benefits and how to report them
- Methods for tracking employee time and work classifications
- Requesting additional “trade/work classifications” and wage rates
- Identify typical errors that require correction & what happens when things go wrong
- Don’t forget to include your subcontractors!
- Automating these time-consuming, error-prone tasks
- And much, much more!
Nancy Smyth, Sunburst Software Solutions, Inc.
Nancy Smyth has been working with commercial/government construction contractors for more than 20 years, with her primary focus being contractors using QuickBooks Financial Software who must adhere to ever-changing prevailing wage laws. As President of Sunburst Software Solutions, Inc., she is a key player in the development of several QuickBooks Add-Ons for the construction industry. She is also the author of the QuickBooks for Contractors blog.
Who Will Benefit
Contractors who are currently (or are interested in) contracting with the federal government, and who want to better understand and improve their certified payroll processes. Certified payroll is everyone’s business; gather your whole team, including: owners, estimators, controllers, CFO’s, payroll processors, office managers, accounting & consulting professionals as well as union and non-union contractors. Get ahead of the curve – register your team today!
Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Credits
CLE requirements vary by state. If you would like to receive CLE credits for this webinar please contact customer service at (202) 238-9597.
Policy on Refunds and Cancellations
Your satisfaction with this training program is guaranteed. If you encounter difficulties prior to or during a course, please contact customer service at (202) 238-9596. If you are dissatisfied with a course for any reason, you may receive credit toward a future course or a full refund. In the event that this course is cancelled, participants are notified immediately via email and offered a full refund. If the course is rescheduled, participants have a choice of a full refund or having their registration transferred to the new date.